Why hire a writer?
Surely, there is someone in your office who can throw a few words together and write content for your website or brochure. Right? Maybe it's you!
But let me assure you, I've worked at the craft long enough to know that writing, the kind that makes you laugh or smile or spit out your coffee, is not easy. It takes thought, effort, skill, talent and time.
Experienced writers know how to edit and revise and polish until the writing is clean and finished and engages the reader. You may not have the time to do that, so why not engage your readers, clients and potential customers with writing they will respond to?
Here are the qualities good writers provide and what you can expect of me.
- Talent/skill – good writers know how to write so that readers quickly understand and are engaged in the material
- Quick turnaround, meets deadlines – good writers are sensitive to business deadlines and will produce good, solid copy on schedule
- Client review – good writers know the client/editor may require changes before final publication and build that into the schedule
- Solid customer service – good writers provide good service and establish a solid working relationship with clients/editors
- Versatility - some clients may prefer casual conversation writing; others, more formal, business-like writing; good writers can write in either style or combine the two together